Categories :

Worker faces possible amputation from spider bite on Alec Baldwin's Rust set – Wonderwall

Wonderwall.com
A crew member on Alec Baldwin‘s much-maligned film “Rust” is facing a possible arm amputation after apparently being bitten by a poisonous spider while on set.
Jason Miller told TMZ that he was hired to shut down the movie set at the Bonanza Creek Ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico. While doing his job, he claims he was bitten by a brown recluse spider, one of the most venomous spiders in the world.
Jason immediately went to the hospital to get treatment, but the aftermath of the bite are grizzly. On Nov. 9, TMZ published photos of Jason’s arm and shoulder and it is not for the faint of heart, as actual muscle tissue can be seen in his shoulder and arm.
Because of the damage, Jason’s left arm may have to be amputated. Further, he is “very sick from the spider bite and doctors say he will need a skin graft to cover the open wound, once it finally starts to heal,” the report states. 
Jason is always lawyering up to sue for workers’ compensation.
The incident comes several weeks after cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed when Alec accidentally shot her with a live round while rehearsing a scene for the indie western film.
At an Oct. 27 press conference, Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies Carmack said criminal charges, including involuntary manslaughter, have not been ruled out in the shooting death.
In that same press conference, Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said Alec was handed a .45-caliber Colt pistol by the film’s assistant director Dave Halls before the incident. Dave then shouted that it was a “cold gun,” meaning there were no bullets in it.
How live ammunition found its way to the set is the heart of prosecutor’s investigation.
“We don’t know how those live rounds got there,” the DA told CNN. “And I think that that will probably end up being kind of the linchpin for whether a decision is made about charges.” 
Officials said over 600 pieces of evidence were recovered from the set of the film, including 500 rounds of ammunition (some of which were live bullets) and three guns.
He’s one grumpy Guardian!
Dave Bautista is about to star in his third “Guardians of the Galaxy” installment, but he’s not exactly loving the process of becoming Drax, call it a “nightmare.”
“Good morning, everyone. It is Day One on ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,'” he said on his Instagram Story on Nov. 8. “This will be my sixth appearance as Drax. My sixth Marvel film and at this point, 20-something films under my belt.”
He then took the gloves off. 
“I’m still trying to find out why the f*** do films start so early?” he wondered, adding, “It’s still dark outside!”
While it does appear that Dave is somewhat joking, he has been less than thrilled in the past when discussing the Dave-to-Drax transformation.
“Well, I’m looking forward to being back with my friends. I like the camaraderie. I’m in a weird place with Drax because I’ve played Drax so many times, I’m on cruise control. I love the character, but getting in the makeup, it’s just a nightmare,” he said earlier this year. “I couldn’t explain how awful it is. I hate to sound like one of those high-maintenance actors, but it’s just traumatizing.”
He added, “Once I’m in it and I’m on set with my friends and making this character come to life and interacting with these characters that I love so much as a fan, it’s all fun and joy. Throughout the years, maybe because I’ve gotten older and more sensitive to it, (the makeup) has become more unbearable, but the one thing I’m just looking forward to is closing out this journey of Drax.”
Teresa Giudice‘s secret is out. 
While speaking at the New Jersey Ultimate Women’s Expo at the NJ Convention & Expo Center over the weekend, the “Real Housewives of New Jersey” star acknowledged that she got a nose job.
“I don’t know if anybody knows, but I did get the tip of my nose done and I was so nervous about getting it,” she said, according to The Sun.
The reality TV star said she was always self-conscious about her nose, calling it a “tomato nose.”
While contemplating the surgery, Teresa asked her fiance, Luis “Louie” Ruelas, for his thoughts.
“I asked Louie, I’m like, ‘Babe, should I get my nose done?’ And he’s like, ‘Is it going to make you feel better?’ And I said, ‘Yes.’ So he said, ‘Do it,'” she explained.
Teresa isn’t the only person in her family to go under the knife. Last year, Gia Giudice spoke about her plastic surgery on Instagram. 
“Yes I got a nose job,” Gia wrote on Instagram. “yes I’m swollen. thank you so much @drtobiasnyc I’m absolutely in love with it. I am an adult now, this has been an insecurity of mine for a while and I’ve never been happier and so comfortable in my own skin!!”
Shailene Woodley is standing by her beau while simultaneously taking down an innocent man.
On Nov. 9, the “Divergent” star posted screenshots from a tabloid news story claiming to show Aaron Rodgers, her fiancé, getting coffee. The actress, though, was quick to disparage the story, insisting that the man in the published images isn’t the Green Bay Packers Quarterback. She can tell, she believes, by the man’s hands, feet and car — all of which she passively shamed.
“literally y’all need to calm the f*** down. this is straight up HILARIOUS. news outlets STILL grasping at straws to disparage aaron. finding random f****** men on the streets of la and saying it’s him,” she wrote on her Instagram Story.
The “Big Little Lies” alum then drew circles around not-Aaron’s feet.
“i know aaron’s body. VERY well. first off, his feet, ahem and no offense to this rando dude, are a LOT bigger. ;),” she wrote.
Shailene continued to chastise the story by pointing to the man’s hands, saying Aaron’s are hairier.
The coup de grace came when Shailene shared an image of the unsuspecting man in his car and insinuated that the ride wasn’t good enough for the NFL MVP.
“also, cute car dude, but aaron would never drive this,” she wrote.
Aaron has been on the defensive over the past week after he was accused of lying to the media about his vaccination status and of shunning the NFL’s COVID protocols for unvaccinated players. 
Before the NFL season started, a reporter asked the athlete if he was vaccinated. He replied, “Yeah, I’m immunized.” Although it’s well within Aaron’s right to not be vaccinated, many in sports media now feel that he lied or was purposely being deceitful with his answer.
Last week, Aaron blamed the “woke mob” for the controversy while speaking on The Pat McAfee Show.
As for why he didn’t follow then NFL’s required rules for unvaccinated players, he said, “In my opinion, they weren’t based on science. They were more based in a shame-based environment to try and get as many guys vaccinated as possible so the league looks better to the rest of the world.”
There’s no place like home… and there’s no place for James Corden in “Wicked,” according to thousands of people.
Over the weekend, a petition was started on change.org that pleads with producers and casting agents to keep “The Late Late Show” host away from the upcoming big screen version of “Wicked.” The petition has already garnered nearly 50,000 signatures.
“James Corden in no way shape or form should be in or near the production of Wicked the movie. That’s pretty much it,” the petition reads in its entirety.
James has a pretty lengthy history in movie musicals, having starred in “Cats,” “The Prom,” “Into The Woods” and “Cinderella.”
Just last week, it was announced that Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo were set to star in the film adaptation of the Broadway musical. Fans soon worried that James would land a role and they launched a preemptive strike.
“We’ve suffered enough,” one person commented.
Another said, “I’m signing bc if James Corden is in it i can’t watch it.”
“He ruins every movie he is in,” a third said, echoing many similar comments 
While James’ musical performances haven’t exactly been well received, he’s had some Hollywood success, having voiced characters in “Trolls” and “Peter Rabbit.” He also won a Best Actor Tony for his role in “One Man, Two Guvnors” in 2012. 
Billy Joel is in a new body state of mind. 
Over the weekend, the “Piano Man” singer took the stage in New York City for his first post-pandemic concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City. In doing so, Billy also showed off a slimmed down version of himself, having lost 50 pounds. 
The singer spoke to Howard Stern last month about his weight loss, claiming it was actually unintentional.
“I had back surgery early this year and the pain afterwards was so bad I lost my appetite,” he said told the famed radio host. “I embraced that, I said, ‘Okay, I won’t eat as much’ and I ate less and less and less and less and then there was just life aggravation and that tends to, you know, impact your appetite too.”
Still, although he never set out to drop the weight, Billy is thrilled with the results. 
“I had gotten kind of chunky,” he contended. “I was happy to lose the weight.”
While the pandemic was beneficial for his waistline, the same can’t be said for Billy’s bottom line since he didn’t perform live shows for a while. Regardless, the onstage icon revealed in that same Howard Stern chat that he paid his band despite not working for well over a year. 
“I did pay them full salary for a year,” he confirmed. “I have a great band, I’m so happy to have them on stage … I don’t do as many gigs as I used to but … I wanted to take care of the band.”
A man who punched Miles Teller in a restaurant restroom in Hawaii earlier this year has been charged in the incident.
TMZ reported that Russell Nielsen was charged with one count of third-degree assault in Maui for “intentionally, knowingly or recklessly caused bodily injury” to the actor. 
In May, the “Top Gun: Maverick” star was with his wife, Keleigh Sperry, at Maui’s Monkeypod Kitchen when he went to the restroom. Initial reports said the man who assaulted Miles near the urinals was his wedding planner. The reports alleged the “War Dogs” star stiffed the planner out of $60,000 for services performed at Miles’ 2019 wedding in Maui, hence the reason for the skirmish. However, a day later, Miles tweeted that he was jumped by two guys in the bathroom and he had “never met them before in my life.”
Keleigh also claimed that assailants were unknown to Miles and denied that the assault occurred because of unpaid debts.
“Miles was jumped by 2 men we have never met after they trapped him in a bathroom,” she said. “It seems these same men have done this to many people and we appreciate your support Maui. This is now a criminal investigation.” 
Only one man has been charged, despite the Hollywood duo implicating two men. 
TMZ also claims that Miles does have a connection to Russell, as the man is apparently the husband of Miles’ wedding planner. 
The case is set to go to court. 
Frank Sinatra’s daughters didn’t exactly “go the mattresses,” but they still had a clearcut message for Ray Liotta back in 1998  — a message that was inspired by “The Godfather.”
Back then, Frank’s daughters, Nancy and Tina, were in the midst of creating a miniseries about ol’ blue eyes. At that same time, Ray was filming the HBO film “The Rat Pack.”
While recalling that moment in time on a recent episode of “Jay Leno’s Garage,” the Emmy-winning actor said, “The daughters, they wanted me to do a miniseries when they were doing a miniseries about it and I just felt too uncomfortable.”
“We were doing the movie and I got delivered a horse’s head … Obviously, it wasn’t a real one, but it was a horse’s head. And, you know, a horse’s head means you’re toast,” Ray 66, continued. “It turned out that his daughters sent it and said, ‘Oh, you could do this one, but you couldn’t do the one that we wanted you to?'” 
While “The Rat Pack” went on to score three Emmy nominations, the sister’s series never got made. They instead made a documentary called “Sinatra: All or Nothing at All.”
According to legend, Frank had several ties to the mafia. Ray, of course, has made a career out of playing tough guys and mafia members, including his roles in “Goodfellas” and “The Many Saints of Newark.”
He recently told the New York Post that he has little resemblance to his iconic characters. 
“I don’t go around beating people up,” he said. “I’ve never been in a fight. I avoid it at all costs.”
Chris Pratt is getting shredded online after posting a tribute to his wife and “healthy” daughter, but making no mention of his son, who has suffered serious health issues over the years.
Earlier in the week, the “Guardians of the Galaxy” actor gushed about his wife, Katherine Schwarzenegger, writing, “She’s given me an amazing life, a gorgeous healthy daughter…” In an attempt at humor, he noted that Katherine’s birthday is next month and he decided to pay tribute to her now in case he forgets. He also joked that his “greatest treasure” is Ken Griffey Jr rookie baseball card.
A post shared by chris pratt (@prattprattpratt)
Family and others close to the couple applauded the message aimed at his wife, but a large portion of fans were turned off. 
“What about your son,” one person said, referring to his 9-year-old child Jack, who he shares with ex-wife Anna Faris
Another wondered, “Where does your other child fall in line after the baseball card?”
An angrier person said, “Chris Pratt has a kid with Anna Farris [sic] who suffered a cerebral hemorrhage during birth and now has slight physical disabilities because of it. But he made sure to write ‘healthy daughter’ here. Chris Pratt is a d***.”
Taking in the whole message, another critic said, “Bro how’d you manage to make every quality about yourself. Priming her for no effort on her birthday lol.”
People threw out words such as “cringe” and “self absorbed” and “narcissistic” when thinking about the post. 
Chris, to be fair, has spoken about Jack, who was born two months premature, many times over the years. 
In 2014, during a March of Dimes Celebration of Babies, Chris said, “I made promises in that moment about what kind of dad I wanted to be and I just prayed that he’d live long enough that I could keep them. Our Jack went from a small, helpless little squirt to a strong, smart, happy, funny, beautiful boy who loves monster trucks and ‘Daniel Tiger,’ and, believe it or not, loves vegetables. Broccoli and cherry tomatoes are his favorite foods.”
Our Privacy / Cookie Policy contains detailed information about the types of cookies & related technology on our site, and some ways to opt out. By using the site, you agree to the uses of cookies and other technology as outlined in our Policy, and to our Terms of Use

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *